Last night was reveal night at Bad Girls Kits and it was a great time. I suggest you head on over there and check out their October kits d'art because they are gorgeous.
One of our challenges / events last night was to create some Teeny Tiny Art.
This is mine. The background is only 4x4.
Here is a more detailed picture of the rose.
So for my Thursday 13 I am presenting my list of 13 items I used in making this Teeny Tiny piece of art.
1. Cardboard. The background is a 4x4 piece of corrugated cardboard from and old shipping box.
2. Gesso. After distressing areas of the cardboard I coated it with white sandable gesso.
3. Shimmerz Spritz - I sprayed some Shimmerz Spritz over the tulle and background.
4. Tulle. I pressed some light pink and light purple tulle into the still wet gesso it adhere it. I also rolled some of the pink gesso and hot glued it for some dimension.
5. Tim Holtz Grungeboard. The heart is from the grungeboard. I also used grungeboard wings as a stencil to make the paper wings.
6. Making Memories Shimmer Paper. The Wings.
7. Alcohol Inks - I used metallic alcohol inks to color the heart. They dry pretty quick on grungeboard.
8. A fake rose - I bought this at a yard sale in a bouquet that was a quarter.
9. Shimmerz paints - I used the paints to give the rose some sparkle and color. I also used it on the tulle and background to give it some color.
10. Jenni Bowlin Studios "Adore" black bingo card. I also painted this with Shimmerz.
11. Jenni Bowlin Rhinestone Buttons. These are on the bottom left corner.
12. Prima flowers. These are also in the bottom corner.
13. Tim Holtz distressed stickles. I used a pink color for the center of my flower.
I am really happy with the way this came out. I had the adore bingo card and thought about that word for a while... and the heart with wings came to me. I hope to someday find someone that I adore who can make my heart feel like it's flying! (Yeah, cheesy, I know... but true and I am ok with that!)
Thanks for stopping by~!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants here.